Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Learning Style


I am an Interpersonal Learner

my mantra: I understand what you mean.
Interpersonal learners thrive on social interaction. Friends often ask you for advice because you are understanding and in tune with the people around you and their motives, emotions, perspectives, and moods.
Your ability to manage relationships helps you understand situations and take a leadership role when necessary. You enjoy teaching and sharing your thoughts.
Careers that require insight and the ability to read what someone else is thinking or feeling -- such as teaching, psychology, or sales -- would be a great match for those with interpersonal intelligence.

Tips for the way you learn:

  • Give and receive feedback.
  • Talk out problems.
  • Work on large-group projects so you can use your social abilities to divide up tasks and understand all aspects of the project.
  • Be a part of active learning through mentoring, tutoring, or an apprenticeship. This activity will reinforce your own knowledge or abilities.


    I am an Intrapersonal Learner

    my mantra: To thy own self be true.
    Intrapersonal intelligence has been said to be the road to achievement, learning, and personal satisfaction. You are connected to who you are and how you feel, and you know your own limits and abilities. You often set goals for yourself, self-manage, and reflect on results.
    Those with intrapersonal intelligence do well in careers where self-management is important, such as being a writer, a teacher, a counselor, a police officer, or a pilot.

    Tips for the way you learn:

    • Study alone in a comfortable yet quiet environment.
    • Set goals for yourself, and monitor your progress regularly.
    • Reflect on what you have learned, and think through new material.
    • Create a connection between new material and subjects you already know, and gain understanding by finding their similarities.


      I am a Verbal-Linguistic Learner

      my mantra: Tell me in words -- written or spoken -- and I will understand.
      Verbal-linguistic intelligence (along with logical-mathematical intelligence) is often associated with doing well in school. You have the ability to use words effectively for reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The poet has been described as the epitome of verbal-linguistic intelligence.

      Tips for the way you learn:

      • Use words to explain complicated subjects.
      • Ask questions.
      • Engage in the Socratic method, digesting information through a question-and-answer exchange.
      • Hone your native ability to tell a story.

Feedback:


       I got a 69% Interpersonal learner. I think this rather fitting learning style for me. I do like to give and receive feedback and talk about my problems. It is a bit startling on how accurate this quiz is on how I learn. I'm very glad I took this quiz because even though I knew that this is mainly how I learn, I also learned the specifics of being an Interpersonal learner. I really appreciate the mantra "I understand what you mean." Because this is very true to my life. Sometimes I have trouble working on things alone, but when I work with another person our combined brain power can get the job done. I enjoy working on assignments with others, although some of the career paths are not what I'm looking for. I really am not interested in getting into teaching and psychology doesn't really catch my eye, but I could get into sales. What I really want to get into is law, but maybe it's not for me. I got 47% intrapersonal leaner, and I wasn't very surprised  This learning style doesn't describe how I learn so much, but it describes some of the ways I am outside of school. It also said I should study alone in a quiet yet comfortable environment, and when I am not working with others on work this is exactly what I like to do.  I got 53% verbal-linguistic learner and this is another way I learn, but usually I use this way to learn when I need help on a homework assignment. I also think this is a strong character trait I have, because I really enjoy reading, so I like to say and hear complex and intelligent words, and from reading I am always learning new ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment