Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Alchemist Journal 1 final draft

Garrett Kitchen
Wednesday, Sept 12th, 2012
The Marvels and Responsibilities of Life
“ The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world, and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon.” (34)

    I have a few dreams and ambitions in life, but it’s hard for me to know which are the “drops of oil’ and which are my marvels of the world. My biggest  goal or dream,(which of all my dreams is the hardest to accomplish) is to go to Harvard and become a lawyer. If I can’t get into Harvard, then i would like to go to an I.V. league college on the East Coast. Going there would most likely get me in with a good law firm, and if I could turn that into a job I could most likely get a steady income going.
    Eventually, I would like to propose to my girlfriend of that time when I’m in love with her, and start a family. All this is subject to change, this is just what I want now, but maybe in a few years I’ll feel different, I realize now that for a lot of people these are the drops of oil on the spoon, which means that all I want to focus on is the drops of oil. For me seeing the marvels of the world is spending time off of work or school, and just doing what I love with the ones I love. I want to travel, and I would like to travel with someone I love.
    To keep the drops on the spoon, and to see the marvels of the world, I need to keep my academics up, and to try my best to always take time to just enjoy myself. To enjoy myself, and stay in contact with my family later on in life. I need to never lose sight of who I truly am, and my outlook on life and the world. I know as I learn new things and grow older I will Change. I know I will change as a person and as a part of the spirit of the world. But I never want to become, one of the people I fear or hate, and I never want to ignore my personal legend. I want to fulfill my personal legend, and live a happy prosperous life in the shoes of whoever I’m going to be.  
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment