Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Abstract Noun Poem


Garrett Kitchen
April 18th, 2013
I have seen the tendrils of fear slowly constrict man
Consuming him until he is a babbling idiot,
The whole human race amidst my world
One flick away from utter and complete anarchy,
The brutal cleanse of my wrath,
The truth of my ironic immortality.
I send my plagues on currents of wind,
To help me on my life’s purpose,
To purge the world of hateful people, of evil in human form,
But I can never be a hero
The truth of humanity is my beauty.
I’d rather be like the rain, cleansing the world peacefully,
Wanted in most places, as simple as supple survival and nourishment
Like ambrosia for the Gods,
I’d rather be like emptiness, hurting no one, but
Always present everywhere, existing with everything,
I’d rather be harmless than a power that grips all.
I know not what every meaningless opinion of mortality’s slaves
But I do know the pettiness of combating me with frivolous opinions
Thinking “I will be different, I will not conform to unwritten laws
That bind and contort beauty to a muttering old creature
And make all things peaceful in the end.”
I say I come to perform an evil dance
With devils or angels it does not matter
For hiding from perpetual truth, and unavoidable occurrence
Is not a challenge but an impossible task
Don’t they know I only wish to experience my unbeing and eerie existence in peace.

3 comments:

  1. Your poem is amazing!! When I first started reading it I went back up to the top of the page to make sure that you really wrote it! I didn't know you were so good at poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the words you used! great descriptive adjectives!

    ReplyDelete